- 1/2 pound raw ground turkey meat, sauteed in 2 teaspoons olive oil
- two large zucchini squash, sliced and sauteed
- two large yellow onions, sliced and sauteed
- 1/2 cup peeled garlic gloves
- 1/2 cup of plain wheat germ
- Red pepper flakes, to taste ( 2 tbsp.)
- One raw egg
- Rao’s marinara sauce, 15.5 oz bottle (do not substitute other brands)
- When nearly cooked, but still hot/warm: pour grated parmesian/or or mozzarella cheese on top.
Method: Using your hands, mix the cooled ingredients and turn into loaf pan or other pyrex dish you have handy. Pour the Rao’s marinara sauce into mixture and mix again. Place the meat loaf/vegetable mixture into a bain marie (larger pan of water to slowly bake) and stick into a 400 degree Farenheit oven for one hour. Check the center for fully cooked mixture. Top with cheese(s). Serve warm or hot. Keeps, covered in ‘frig for days. Flavor is even better the second or third day.
Can serve with a baked potato, if desired for a more filling meal.
What makes it special?
This was an improvised “Covid 19” extra nutritious meal to help diners maintain their mental and physical health.I love the idea of sharing a great recipe and hope that all those who read this will share a cooked portion of it with neighbors. It makes a great meal to share!
What’s Your Connection to Princeton?
Princeton Public Schools Middle School History Teacher, 26 years, now retired and finishing a 30 year research project on Betsey Stockton (1798-1865).
Recipe shared by Constance Escher