Shared by: Shared by Trinidad Rodriguez
I. 1 can of cream of coconut (15oz or bigger, depends on the quantity you want to make)
2. 1 can of coconut milk (15oz or bigger, depends on the quantity you want to make).
3. Small can – evaporated milk.
4. Small can – sweet and condensed milk.
5. 1 spoonful of Nutella, peanut butter, or none.
6. 1/2 cup of water boiled with a few pieces of cloves. Boil for 2-5 min. Not too long.
7. Sprinkle cinnamon to your liking!
8. Bacardi Gold or Palo Viejo Rum is recommended – The amount depends on you 🙂
Finally, blend it all together for 2-3 minutes or till it all looks well mixed :).
For the cream of coconut, if it does not pour out because sometimes it’s too thick, the trick is to boil the can for about 3-5min. Then it will pour out like water. The brand of cans is to your liking COCO Lopez or Goya are 2 to name a few.
If you need to double the amount, just add an additional can of each.
Recommended to enjoy chilled over ice. It also tastes good without the ice. If you really like cinnamon, add more to the top of your served cup.
What makes it special?
There is not 1 recipe for coquito, but many are very similar.
What’s Your Connection to Princeton?
Trinidad Rodriguez works with and supports families in the Princeton community.
Photo courtesy of The Rican Chef/flickr creative commons